Wednesday, August 5, 2020

                                                   


FITNESS IN A CAGE!

A caged animal, I was determined to enjoy the safety of my cage. In it I avoid the monstrosity of the Coronavirus and shelter my sensitive skin from Texas summer outdoors.

I attributed the first feeling of garment-tightening around my shoulders and waist to   shrinkage. The garments definitely looked smaller, and I deposited them in my donation box.

That did not solve the outfitting problem! Just two weeks later and the garment-tightening became worst than before. This time, I reached for my scale. I weighed myself at all times of day and night, before and after eating and drinking. The scale readings changed up and down, up and down, but never down to my known average weight!

Time to use scientific problem solving; I decided to increase my level of activity to make up for lost walking, shopping, and gym attending. I woke up early and ran out to my yard, trimmed my trees and pulled out the weeds. I rushed inside to wax my furniture, organize my drawers, and spot-clean my floors. Three more weeks and my hands became swollen, my joints ached, and my neck muscles tightened. I reflected on my old belief that housework is work and not workout.

I moved a chair between the living room couch and the wide-screen TV, dragged my gym backpack beside the chair, located a Silver Sneakers program on YouTube, and started a Silver Sneakers fitness exercise.

I exercised every day of the first week!

I exercised every other day of the second week!

I exercised twice a week for a whole month!

I exercised once a week for two weeks!

I stopped!

There is no match for freedom!

I covered my hair with a baseball cap, my eyes with sunglasses, and my face with two masks; one on top of the other. I put on my walking shoes and circled around five blocks, sweating and exchanging smiles and greetings with walkers and bikers.

1 comment:

  1. You blog made me laugh when I needed a laugh, Mahassen! Keep giving us smiles!!

    ReplyDelete